There are actually TWELVE OFFICIAL REASONS WHY OBAMA SHOULD BECOME A BUDDHIST
12. Buddhists have more fun.
11. It’d be great to have a president for once who practiced right speech, right actions, right intentions and right livelihood, as Buddha taught.
10. I’d call him Head Lama Obama.
9. All the best people are. My religion is the best and the only way, just like yours.
8. Buddha has for 2500 years taught change and inclusivity.
7. Buddhist meditation and mindfulness training is good for both physical and mental health.
6. Buddha was the world’s first ecological leader and protector of animals as well as human beings.
(Obama could rename 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue “The Green House”)
5. Nonviolence and altruism is the Buddhist way. War might be outlawed.
4. Buddhist practices of mindful anger management and nonviolent conflict resolution could make him an enlightened leader, like Aung San Su Kyii of Burma and the Dalai Lama of Tibet.
(Pres. Medvedev of Russia does yoga.)
3. I am a Buddha, and so can you.
2. It would help the energy crisis.
AND FINALLY, LAST BUT NOT LEAST,
My Father’s favorite answer to all of life’s big questions:
The Huffington Post, June 19, 2011
Among all the substances we misuse and abuse, the greatest is time. Time is life; we squander it at our peril. Killing time deadens ourselves.
Almost everyone I encounter...
8 Comments for 12 Reasons Why Obama Should Become a Buddhist