04 Dec 2007 |
Posted by Lama Surya Das | 0 Comment.
1. Generosity–Gift-giving, Volunteering, Reaching out (calling, writing, acknowledging), Cheerfulness.
2. Share a prayer.
3. Give yourself a gift: material, or simply of time and space.
4. Inspirational reading.
5. Plumb the meaning of the particular holiday and season (and your locale).
6. Connect with someone you have difficulty relating to– for example, finding some ground ground to talk about or something to like about a family member you usually have difficulty with at holiday gatherings.
7. Serve at a shelter, provide food for those in need, make hospital visits or visit the elderly or shut-ins.
8. Attend a meaningful sermon by a speaker you respect and appreciate.